Bingo calls are actually rather entertaining; it’s interesting to see what people have come up with, throughout history, in order to denote a specific number.
There are many reasons for the calls – some make more sense than others, while some seem completely random; others even have more than two different nicknames! Here are a few examples:
- 2: one little duck (the number resembles the shape of a duck)
- 8: one fat lady (looks something like a plumpish lady wearing a belt)
- 11: chicken legs
Historical or Current Events and Facts
- 10: David’s den (refers to whomever currently occupies 10 Downing Street)
- 14: Valentine’s Day
- 21: royal salute (refers to the 21-gun salute)
- 65: old age pension (the age at which men are to retire in England)
- 59: the Brighton line (59 used to be the number of the bus that went from London to Brighton)
- 31: get up and run
- 35: jump and jive
- 42: Winnie the Pooh
- 67: made in heaven
- 74: candy store
- Numbers that end in a zero may be called out in the same manner; for example, 20 is “blind 20”, 30 is “blind 30” etc.
- Numbers that consist of two repeated single digits may be called as “all the…”; for example, 33 is “all the threes”, 44 is “all the fours” etc.
You won’t have to memorize them all, play with any our hand picked bingo sites they all have great bingo calls that will make you giggle while you play!