Short Guide For Slots: How To Play and Win
When it comes down to it, slots are by far the most popular game in an online casino. So it’s no wonder there are so many of them, and of different types. You have the classics, like in land casinos – the three-reel, with one winning payline, you have the 5-reels, the progressive jackpots, the Multi-Payline and more.
So how do you choose the right slot and of the right type? What should I pay attention to? Those are very important questions, and we decided to write a short article for the players, that will surely ask themselves these questions.
How to Play Online Slots
The rules for playing online slots differ from game to game, but the basic principle is the same. Once you understand them, you will acquire a skill set, which you can apply to almost any machine with minor adjustments.
- First of all you need to choose your slot to play, and place your bet. Usually there’s a button on the screen which you can use, to deposit funds to your account.
- By clicking a plus or a minus button on the screen bets can be increased or decreased
- Each slot has a minimum and maximum bet point (between 0.5 and 100 points). The more you bet, the more you win. Bets are usually made in coins corresponded to player’s currency.
- Sometimes players also need to choose how many paylines they are playing. For example you bet three coins on five paylines means a bet of 15 coins. The risk is higher, but so is the reward.
After placing the bet, you need to click the spin button, which will set the wheel in motion. When the reels stop spinning, the computer software will calculate the winning paylines (if you have those, of course).
If you don’t want to spin the wheel each time, you can use the auto play feature: set a certain amount of coins to bet in total, and the program will spin the wheel for you. When you’ll have a winning payline / paylines, the winnings will be automatically credited to your deposit balance.
Some additional useful information:
- Online slots usually have more than three reels (five to nine).
- The paylines these days doesn’t have to be horizontal or appear in the middle row. They can be in the top row, diagonal or zig zag, depends on the game. Also, depend on the game, different paylines have different prize amounts. It’s also worth mentioning that the more paylines online slot has, the more chances you stand of winning.
- The two main bonus symbols you need to look for are wilds and scatters. Wilds can replace any other symbol and complete winning lines. Scatters can bring you free spins, coin prizes or bonus rounds.
- Another moments you should remember regarding bonuses:
- Different slot machines have different bonus features and cash games
- The more you play a game, the more you understand, how bonus features work
- The bonus features is where the players can win the big prizes
If you’re still confused about any issue, most of the games usually have a help sections, FAQ’s and payout tables, which can help you increase the understanding of the game you chose to play.
How to Win At Slots
First of all, a player should choose a game he likes and feel comfortable with. It’s important to understand how a game works, what are the winning paylines and what are the bonus symbols that are used to win.
Once chosen a game, it’s about finding a way to win. Of course, we can’t deny the luck factor (which is big), but still there are different strategies and factors, that can help the player elevate the chances beyond sheer luck and simple chance
This sounds obvious, but still: you need to set a budget and stick to it. You can win money when playing slots, but you can also lose them. So never risk more than you can afford yourself.
Online slots are computer programs, that’s why the odds of winning are the same every time you play the same game. In addition, the spins are generated at random, so it’s very difficult to calculate the odds. Still, there are some tips we can think of:
- Different slots have different odds, based on the number of winning paylines
- The simpler the game, the higher the winning odds. But the prizes are smaller
- In opposite, flashy games with lots of bonus features and complicated rules are usually fun, but have worse odds of winning
We know it sounds repetitive, but we have to emphasize a few things:
- Read the rules. The basic rules for slots are pretty much the same – you spin the wheels, you match the symbols into a payline and you win a prize. Furthermore, most of the games will have the same bonus symbols, such as wild and scatter. Still, each game is different, so it’s important to read the rules and understand the paylines and the bonuses.
- Stick to the pattern: choose one or maximum two games that you like, with good odds, and stay with them. Usually “dedicated” players win more than players who swap games every Sunday.
- Budget and correct bets are the name of the game
- Know when to take a break: besides setting the budget limit, it’s important to know when to stop. Playing slots can be very exciting, and you can easily lose yourself and your money. And there’s always those who believe they’ll end the losing streak by spinning the wheel “just one more time”. Don’t fall into this pit – knowing when to stop is very important.
Types of slots:
- 3 reel slots: Classic slot based on original physical machines. Easy to play – you just need to match the symbols at the line
- 5 reel slots: More advanced version of the classic slot, made possible with advanced programming. More reel increase the payline possibilities and the chance to win more prizes
- Progressive slots: Games where the value of a jackpot increases by a small amount each time, if not won during a game. The odds are longer, but the reward are much greater
- Mobile Slots: Created specifically for smartphones or tablets, allowing to play everywhere, without losing any of visual effects because of the smaller screen.
- Mega Spin Slots: Allow the players to play several games at once, at the same screen, so they can keep track. Often use progressive jackpot features
- Multipliers slots: Allow the player to multiply their winnings by a predetermined figure. You can double, triple or increase your wins up to 100 times! Many slots have multiplier functions
- Multi-Payline slots: as the name suggests, those slots has multiple winning paylines. They can be straight, diagonal or even zig-zag. You can have 5, 10, 25 or even 243 winning paylines – It all depend on a game.
Here’s our top online slots destinations:
100% First Deposit Bonus Up To £300 + 30 Free Spins*
"...managed to stand out for the quality of casino games, the website’s design and its philosophy"
18+. New UK customers only. Opt-in required. 30 free spins on Book of Dead game upon registration with NO wagering requirements or deposit required for spins AND 100% deposit bonus up to £300: Min deposit £10 and 30x wagering requirements apply on bonus (game weighting applies). Max bet applies. T’s and c’s apply. Please gamble responsibly, www.begambleaware.org
WIN UP TO 500 FREE SPINS
No deposit/withdrawal fees
"Bingo is still the heart of the Bgo gaming experience"
UK only. Min £10 deposit. Win up to 500 Free Spins from Mega Wheel on 1st deposit. 24-hour expiry. Max bet £2.50, max spins win £8 per 10 spins, max Bonus win £150, selected games & 65x wagering on winnings. No Neteller/Skrill. Click here for Full T&Cs.
"The ease to navigate on the website is key here"
18+ New customers only. Bonus must be accepted with 48 hours and has 40 x wagering reqs (certain games only). Paypal and certain deposit methods excluded. Bets covering >70% of Roulette table don't count to wagering. Free spins value £0.10. No wagering reqs apply. Bonus valid for 30 days (bonus and winnings removed). Free spins valid on selected games only. T&C's apply.
"...unlike your typical online casino, you have up to 30 days to satisfy the friendly 4× wagering requirement"
*T&Cs apply. T&Cs vary according to the specific promotion – please click Play Now for further information.